Sunday 18 March 2012

Endings and Beginnings


When it's time to say good bye,
It always seems it was Yesterday
When you said Hello to a stranger
Then you smiled and welcomed the stranger into your life

There were conversations, and the things you did together.
You crossed paths, you made memories together.
But paths are paths, sometimes you cross and come together
and sometimes you drift away.

When that happens, you say "Goodbye"
and
....
it seems just so yesterday!!

It seems yesterday, that I moved into my dorm in Germany.
Then everything came together. I had and still have good mates in
Jonas and Maxim. The ones I already said "Goodbye" are Seba (Short for Sebastian)
and Yin. (Seba went back to Argentina and Yin got a job in Kassel)
It was these people who made me feel home in a foreign country.

When I will move out,
I might miss the days when Seba would invent a new food or a drink
or when Yin used his diving glasses to avoid tears while cutting onions.
I might miss the dinners and breakfast with Janine,Benni, and Saumya.
I might miss my cricket mates.
I might miss the late-night coffee breaks.
I might miss little get-together with Indian folks here.
(I might also miss the "desi-spiderman" dance these folks do together)
I might miss Kunchiwalas.
I might miss once in a while meet-up with my language partner or visit to the Arheidts.
I might miss my room, my cycle and the kitchen.
I might miss the city, it's people or places.
I might miss lot many things in Germany.

Or I might not!

I do not know what will I be actually missing when I move out. But one thing I realised, when Kelly (from Hong-Kong) just made an entry to the room, which was Seba's till recently.

Well, that's how it is. No body owns nothing. Space, time or Objects.
At any given time, we are just part of an interaction.
Every moment is a survivor among countless possibilities.
Some we like, some we don't. Some we think we may miss, some we actually do.

Change is certain. With every moment that ends, comes the next moment with countless possibilities.

No matter how sweet or bitter past has been, I like to discover what's in store next.
With memories from past, looking at a promising future, I live.
I live in now.







No comments:

Post a Comment